24. Februar - Jugendherbergen
Here's what you'll do...
Answer the following questions about the youth hostel you selected last week and youth hostels in general. Write your answers on your own paper. You don't need to write down the questions, just the answers. All answers, unless otherwise specified, will be in English. You'll find the link for the German youth hostels and the studystack vocab link (practice when you're done with the questions) below.
First, find your youth hostel (the link is below) and write down the name and the state in which it's located.
For example: Jugendherberge Baden-Baden in Baden-Württemberg.
Underneath the name there are a number of tabs running across the page. You'll answer questions for each of the tabs. The first tab is...
1. What kind of information is presented on this page - what's the gist?
2. What are some of the words (no more than 3) used to describe the youth hostel? Please write down both the German word and the English meaning as best you can.
3. What is the address?
4. What is the name of the director?
5. When is the front desk open?
6. What kind of information is presented on this page - what's the gist?
7. What are some of the words you recognize (no more than 3) that describe modes of transportation? Again, write down the words in both German and English.
8. What's the name of the closest airport?
9. How many beds are in this hostel?
10. Can you identify 3 kinds of rooms in this hostel?
11. Find a word you've never seen before that you are pretty sure you know the meaning of - Write it down in both German and English.
Essen und Trinken:
12. Identify - in both German and English - 5 words for food.
13. Identify - in both German and English - 3 words for drinks.
14. List 5 activities you find on this page.
15. Write down 2 words in German for activities you don't recognize.
16. What kinds of programs does your youth hostel offer for school groups?
17. What other kinds of special travel programs does your youth hostel offer?
18. What is the cost for an overnight stay with breakfast for someone 26 years-old or younger?
19. Please give another example of pricing information from this page.
20. You find the following image on this page. What kind of information do you have to provide in order to make an on-line reservation? If you have time, see how far you can get in making a reservation before having to enter payment information!